But, am I really?
Well, there's one way to find out. Read through this list. If you find yourself agreeing with every one of these signs, you may indeed be Joe's Number 1 Fan, or at least a hardcore fan, like me.
Top Ten Signs You're A Hardcore Konrath Fan
10. You tell everyone you meet that you are Joe Konrath's # 1 Fan.
9. You're wife tells you, "If I hear one more word about what a great writer Konrath is, we're getting divorced."
8. You get divorced.
7. You send Konrath so many fan letters, his lawyer sends you a restraining order. You frame it and hang it in your office, because Konrath autographed it.
6. You bribe the hotel clerk at the writer's conference to put you in the room next to Konrath, even though the room is actually the janitor's closet.
5. You get your first book published and the publisher sends you 20 free copies. You send one to your mom (of course) and 19 to Konrath.
4. At your first book signing, you take Konrath's latest novel instead of your own, because, after all, he's a better writer than you.
3. You shower with your right hand outside the shower curtain for six weeks, because Joe shook it at the last writer's conference you both attended.
2. You write a good review of Konrath's latest novel and post it on your blog, and you don't even get paid for it.
1. The only non-Konrath novel you own is Stephen King's Misery!